The Eira Francis Davies Scholarship is a full tuition fee scholarship ordinarily awarded to female students demonstrating outstanding academic excellence and evidence of financial need. The Eira Francis Davies Scholarship is awarded to female students who are nationals of and ordinarily resident in, a developing country, and who are admitted to pursue a postgraduate taught Masters programme within the College of Human and Health Sciences at Swansea University.
The student must be a national of and resident in an eligible developing country, who pursues a postgraduate taught Masters programme within the Faculty of Medicine, Health and Life Science at Swansea University.
Swansea University, United Kingdom
Level/Field of Study
Full-time taught master postgraduate courses within the Faculty of Medicine, Health, and Life Science at Swansea University:
- Biomedical Science (Clinical Biochemistry), MSc
- Biomedical Science (Clinical Microbiology), MSc
- Clinical Psychology and Mental Health, MSc
- Cognitive Neuroscience, MSc
- Genomic Medicine, MSc
- Healthcare Management, MSc
- Health Data Science, MSc
- Health Informatics, MSc
- Medical Neuroscience, MSc
- Medical Radiation Physics, MSc
- Nanomedicine, MSc
- Public Health and Health Promotion, MSc
- Research Methods in Psychology, MSc.
Women from developing countries as listed by the World Bank
The scholarship covers the full tuition
The applicants must certify the following to be considered eligible:
- Hold a minimum 2:1 bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification.
- Have formally accepted an offer to study an eligible, full-time, postgraduate taught Master’s programme within the College of Human and Health Sciences at Swansea University for entry in September 2023 (see list above).
- Be female.
- Be a new student at Swansea University from September 2023.
- Within their application, demonstrate strong academic ability, financial requirements, and desire to study their chosen course at Swansea University.
- Be a national, and permanent resident of EFD Eligible Countries 2023 as listed by the World Bank Country and Lending Groups classification as being low-income or lower-middle income as of 1 July 2021.
- Not receive any other financial support from Swansea University (e.g. tuition fee reduction, scholarship, or bursary).
- Not be a progressing student from The College, Swansea University. Please note that students progressing at the College, Swansea University are not eligible to apply for an international scholarship.
Below are the eligible countries for this scholarship opportunity;
Afghanistan, Gambia, the Myanmar, Bangladesh, Guinea, Nepal, Benin, Guinea-Bissau, Niger, Burkina Faso, Haiti, Rwanda, Burundi, Kenya, Sierra Leone, Cambodia, Korea, Dem Rep., Somalia, Central African Republic, Kyrgyz Republic, Tajikistan, Chad, Liberia, Tanzania, Comoros, Madagascar, Togo, Congo, Dem.Rep, Malawi, Uganda, Eritrea, Mali, Zimbabwe, Ethiopia, Mozambique, Angola, India, Sao Tome and Principle, Armenia, Iraq, Senegal, Belize, Kiribati, Solomon Islands, Bhutan, Kosovo, Sri Lanka, bolivia, Loa PDR, Sudan, Cameroon, Lesotho, Swaziland, Cape Verde, Marshall Islands, Syrian Arab Republic, Congo, Rep., Mauritania, Timor-Leste, Ivory Coast, Micronesia, Fed. Sts. Tonga, Djibouti, Moldova, Turkmenistan, Egypt, Arab Rep., Mongolia, Tuvalu, el Salvador, Morocco, Ukraine, Fiji Nicaragua, Uzbekistan, Georgia, Nigeria, Vanuatu, Ghana, Pakistan, Vietnam, Guatemala, Papua New Guinea, West Bank and Gaza, Guyana, Paraguay, Yemen, Rep., Honduras, Philip[ines, Zambia, Indonesia and Samoa.
==> Number of Awards: Not specified
==> Value of Award: The Eira Francis Davies Scholarship is a full tuition fee scholarship.
==> Duration of program: Duration of the course of a degree.
To be considered for the scholarship, you must have formally accepted an offer to study an eligible program for September 2023 entry. You must complete and submit the application form online before 28 May 2023, 11:59 pm (BST).
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Meanwhile, you can as well visit the official website of the scholarship board for more details and information concerning this offer.